About the Webinar
A 90 minute online session with economist Karen Palasek all about opportunity, productivity, and prosperity.
- Takes a look at economic freedom from the opposite end of the “I, Pencil” telescope– looking at how a very small contribution/ individual contributor in a market enterprise environment can become part of a much greater engine of further opportunity, productivity, and prosperity.
- Illustrates how American economic freedom has offered a path to explore opportunity, productivity, and prosperity for many families, particularly immigrants who have flocked to the U.S. over time. Highlights this concept with examples of families and individuals who have courageously made this journey.
- Reminds us that value and success has many variants, that it is a process, and that the rewards to economic freedom and enterprise are often the result of courageous risks—especially by those escaping oppressive regimes or conditions– borne by ordinary people trying to better themselves and their families.
- Gives an overview of “The Market Under Glass”—the conditions that promote economic prosperity through opportunity and productivity.
- Reminds us in summary that the spontaneous order of the market includes the necessary element of trial and error, an element that cannot be eliminated by assuming that any one planning body can create, collect, understand, or implement all of the data relevant to the process at hand.
5:30 pm Eastern Time, Friday, August 16.
40–50 minutes of lecture. 30–40 minutes of Q & A.